Global FMCG brand resets its supply chain for a better world
The road to net zero is paved with accountability
Our global FMCG client has set out to achieve major sustainability gains. But to make it happen, they needed a partner who could help them reach far upstream in their supply chain, ensuring suppliers deliver consistent quality, visibility and improvement in their responsible sourcing.
Our client’s goals are as progressive as they are challenging. They include cutting greenhouse gas emissions in half by 2030 and reaching net zero by 2050. But their environmental and social impact extends far beyond their own organization. Sixty percent of their emissions come from their upstream supply chain. And Tier 3 suppliers have proven difficult to monitor, increasing the risk within their supply chain.
Mapping the way to supply chain visibility and responsibility
HH Global collaborated with our client to create a clear sustainability roadmap. This was to ensure that responsible sourcing criteria were being met and improved throughout the marketing procurement supply chain by:
- Leveraging data, insights and technology to assess performance and provide visibility into supply chain activities
- Increasing the pool of accredited and responsible suppliers
- Creating strategic sustainability roadmaps that incorporate supply chain targets aligned to sustainability goals
Taking pride in impacting both sustainability and the bottom line
HH Global prides itself on being the global leader in sustainable marketing procurement and production, creating marketing programs that deliver unmatched commercial impact while supporting communities and the environment.
- Partnering with our client, HH Global established a supplier improvement strategy spanning all categories, to expand the pool of accredited and responsible suppliers
- Our experts identified gaps in existing suppliers’ certifications and helped drive accreditation to meet established requirements.
- HH Global identified an external supply base with Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit + EcoVadis accreditation, further expanding the pool of approved suppliers
- We developed guidelines for suppliers covering responsible sourcing, forest stewardship, good manufacturing practices and more
- HH Global developed a roadmap to expand use of alternate substrates, recyclability, plastic reduction, circularity and supply chain metrics
Print + POSM category spend throughout American and European markets
Non-plastic materials produced in 2021
Print category spend across European markets
Produced with certified sustainable materials in 2021 (over 44% across American markets)
Print + POSM category spend in European markets
Produced by suppliers with Responsible Sourcing credentials in 2021 (over 60% across American markets)
Get in touch